Welcome to our website. Glad you found us. Established in September 2008 as Ramsbottom Table Tennis Academy, our club is for anyone aged between 7 years and 16 years and we cater to ALL abilities. The academy aims to encourage both boys and girls to learn to play the fastest game on earth!
The club is run by a group of dedicated volunteers AND UKCC LEVEL1 and 2 QUALIFIED COACHES who have been involved in table tennis at all levels from local league standard through to international competition for a great many years. All coaching is carried out at CASTLE LEISURE CENTRE in Bury on Friday nights. There are two sessions. The first is for beginners. Everyone who joins us start in the first session at 1800. Once you have been assessed by our coaches you will either stay in the first session and move to the second session at 1930 once your game has reached a good standard. For more information on how to join in please read on.
The coaching sessions are run by MANDY WINSKILL, LYNDSEY REYNOLDS, DAVID ALLEN, ERIC SMYTHE and JAMES BENNETT who are level 1 or 2 UKCC qualified coaches. They are supported by other experienced players who play in the Bury & District Table Tennis League. The Club is open on Friday nights and coaching takes place over two separate sessions. The first is at 1800 until 1930 and the second 1930 until 2100. The session costs £5.50, see our Membership Costs page for more details.
Through the structure of Ramsbottom Table Tennis Academy the juniors will be given the chance to play in the local table tennis leagues as well as the Table Tennis England Cadet League.
We are a CLUBMARK accredited club which is the mark of a safe and organised club.
Clubmark was introduced in 2002 by Sport England to:
· Ensure that accrediting partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes.
· To empower parent(s)/carer(s) when choosing a club for their children.
· To ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding.
· To provide a focus around which all organisations involved in sport can come together to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people.
Clubmark accreditation is awarded to clubs that comply with minimum operating standards in four areas:
· The playing programme
· Duty of care and safeguarding and protecting children and young people
· Knowing your club and its community
· Club management
So why not come and join us on Friday nights at Castle Leisure Centre?